Friday, September 30, 2011

Homemade laundry soap and then some...

Ok, so this is too awesome not to post. I've been looking to cut costs in every place possible. So when I came across a few people who have made their own laundry soap with these few easy and cheap ingredients I had to give it a try. I don't like complicated projects or recipes. It needs to be simple, I need to know what all the ingredients are, and I like to be able to get them all a one store. Borax, Washing Soap and a bar of soap is all you need. I have seen 2 different recipes and I know there are many more, but this one is the most basic. I made mine after this recipie here. I have also become a fan of white vinegar. I know this is really nothing new, I'm just a bit behind jumping on the band wagon. There are SO many uses for white vinegar. Check some uses out here. I also add some in my laundry where the softner goes, and no, your clothes do not smell AT ALL!!

In other exciting news, Taylor lost one of her big front teeth. Pretty funny! Big exciting stuff for a 6 year old! =)

And last but not least, embarassingly, a belly shot. My pregnancy with Taylor, luckily the week before I ended up having her, I was down visiting my parents and my mom snapped a few pics of me before I headed home. Those are the only pics I have of being pregnant with her. Being pregnant with Devan, I have a few more cheesy belly shots, thanks to the fact that I was submitting some for maternity modeling. So this time around I'm making a concious effort to take more pics, even if they are cheesy iphone pics taken at 10:00 at night. =) My pregnancies have been such a blur. By the time I'd finally start showing I would deliver 5 minutes later. Not really, but you get my point. This time around, I feel like I have a belly earlier than I ever have and I have been enjoying every growing minute. So thankful for my growing bump. I had an impromptu dr visit this past Monday due to some shooting pains I was having on Sunday. But everything checked out great. Cervix is great and baby, who looked like a bird in 4D, looked great too! I have a high risk appointment on Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing baby again and hopefully confirming the sex. Here it is! =)

1 comment: